Powered By Blogger

Friday 5 February 2016

It's all over the front page, you give me road rage!!

That metal box. You know. That metal box with the five wheels.... The one you sit in and causes you to either be invincible or the most selfish and thoughtless fucknut that has ever existed!!! Yep that's right, this one is about driving and other people on the road.......

You're driving down the road, on the other side of the road cars are parked against the curb in a way they are allowed to. In front of you a car is approaching but that persons side of the road. what happens? That car decides that they have right of way and forces their way down your side of the road and screams abuse at you because you are in their way!! If that wasn't bad enough the driver is completely unaware of the size of the vehicle they are driving. You know and I know that they are driving a G wiz. How do we know that? We are looking straight at it. In the mind of the driver however they are driving some sort of Australian road train that is 12 foot wide and imported just for them with special permissions from the DVLA. We both are unsure as to why their car has to have a four foot gap between them and the parked cars but as far as I can see that is the only logical argument!!! People like this boil my blood. If you have that little spacial awareness then you shouldn't be driving. If you have that little spacial awareness then you are dangerous and it's people like that that kill bikers!!

Once upon a time I was driving my car and had the exact experience as suggested up there. I had a fantastic  method of sorting the problem out. When the lady behind the wheel started mouthing abuse at me and waving her hands about I simply switched the engine off, took off my seatbelt and walked away from the car. I have to admit I chuckled to myself as the driver went apoplectic. After she screamed a bit more abuse at me she started reversing in order to let me past. I'm not normally that much of a dickhead when driving but this person who didn't have the right of way tried to force me up onto the pavement because I was in her way. Legally I had right of way and I'm not about to give into anyone who acts like this purely because they think they are better than me!!

Driving is a piece of piss. It really doesn't take a huge amount of deep thought. One thing it does require though is a little bit of thought and consideration for other road users. If someone flashes their lights and lets you out then give a couple of flashes of the hazard lights or at the very least hold your hand up to say thank you. If you need ot change lane then indicate and then wait for the person to acknowledge you before simply turning into the space. I am not mincing my words with this but if you are the sort of person who thinks they own the road or have the right to be in the space someone else already occupies then you sir/madam, are a complete and utter cunt and I don't use that word lightly!

When you are in your metal box you are not invincible. It has been proved time and time again it is very very and frighteningly easy for someone to get out of their car and come and speak to you face to face but when that happens the person who has been the thoughtless nugget tends to be the very first person to wind up their windows and scream and run away like a frightened little school child. Like I said, think about things. You aren't invincible and all it takes is a tiny bit of thought to make the driving world a much nicer place to be.

Don't be a tool. Indicate. Say thank you. Remember that santa claus does NOT exist!!!! The easter bunny doesn't lay eggs because what sort of genetically fucked up bunny lays eggs and as for the tooth fairy, that arse hole who breaks into your house at night and creeps round in children's bedrooms!!

Be good and thoughtful to each other. You never know it might raise you spirits....

Fx

If you've made it this far then first of a a heart felt thank you :) and secondly please share my blog. My heart and sole goes into it and its primarily designed to make people think but most of all make people smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment