Powered By Blogger

Thursday 10 May 2018

Fitbit wankers (I love you)

Evening. It's been a while.......

Twitter. People post those Fitbit stats and with every one I used to see I would think "I couldn't give any less of a fuck if I tried". Telling the entire world that they have lost .5 of a lb or that they have managed to walk up a flight of stairs or they have walked 30 meters down to the local kebab shop. I wish they would all realise that most people just don't care. Then last week happened.........

I can't really remember what happened in my head but I imagine it probably involved blunt trauma. I bought one..... I bought a Fitbit ionic. I bought a Fitbit aria 2 to go with it.

Part of me saw it as nothing more than a gadget. Part of me saw it as finally showing a bit more willing and intent that I want to lose weight and become the monster I once was.
 It arrived. I downloaded the app and thought to myself that I hope this all works and gives me a kick right up the arse.
 Day 1: messed around with it
Day 2: messed around with it
Day 3: didn't even pick it up.....
Day 4: made sure it was charged and linked up to my phone. Put music on to it. Paired up the headphones I bought for it. Went for a walk!!!! Not the longest. Only 3.14 miles..... That's the first time I've actively done ANY exercise for about 12 years!!!! Spoke to  friend I was with that evening and he said it was really good what I had done. Me being me I kind of got a little bit blunt and bullish and said that his opinion and in fact nobody else's opinion mattered with these things and the only important opinion was how I felt myself about how I had done. I wasn't happy with how much I had done. Don't mistake that with not being happy with the fact I had done something but I know what I used to do and knew I could have done a lot more.
Day 5: Woke up..... for the first time in a long time I was not only determined to to continue the work I had started the day before but I actually WANTED to. I got up and ended up walking 4.95 miles and 10,704 steps. I got home and was tired. I had been sweating. I had a shower. I got out the shower and felt great about myself
Day 6: Today.... I ache. That didn't stop me. Today I did 5.86 miles and 11,037. I get home and I'm fucking knackered!!!!

I'm here to announce that I have joined the Fitbit wanker club. I am that wanker that wears his smart watch and keeps looking at it to see how many steps I have taken. I am that wanker who whilst walking home will take the longer route in order to increase the distance walked and step count. I am that wanker. I am Fitbit twat, hear me roar!!!!
 I care about the figures. I see them as targets. I want to do have higher stats than people I know (which I don't think will happen because the two women on my friends list are not only blowing me out the water but then throwing me back into the water with concrete boots on!! Those two women are monster of the fit.

Am I happy? Yes. Am I really pleased to be back in the fit better person mode? Damn bloody right I am.

If you have a Fitbit then add me. I want the community!! thefraggle@blueyonder.co.uk is the user account!!

F x









No comments:

Post a Comment